Dr. Esa or other MDI speakers are available to preach or teach at your church on topics that touch the mission and vision of MDI. This may be a one-time preaching event, small group Bible study or a series on a certain topics (e.g. Poverty and Wealth in the Bible and today). Ask for specific topics and scheduling.
Contextual Bible studies are community-based interactive studies. The purpose of the Contextual Bible study is to facilitate a communal process of discerning God’s will on certain topics through Bible studies. MDI can send a Bible study leader to facilitate a contextual Bible study or train Bible study facilitators in your church.
- Sample topics on Contextual Bible studies:
- Poverty and wealth in the Bible and today
- Personal transformation and wholeness
- Community outreach according to Jesus
- Social responsibility of the church (the poor, the immigrant, and other vulnerable groups)
- Intercommunal Bible reading experience
- Modern day slavery and human trafficking
- Creation care and stewardship of the planet’s resources
Dr. Esa or one of the MDI approved teachers is also available to teach or preach (or hold an awareness seminar) on one of the above topics in your local church, Bible study or a community group.
MDI trains and equips churches to reach out to their communities. This includes preaching and teaching sessions on topics such as “Outreach according to Jesus”, “Kingdom Economics”, and “Least and the lost in the Bible and today”.
MDI is also available to help your church or group develop a holistic vision and mission to become a missionally oriented church. This includes practical steps and guidance in setting up (or expanding) an outreach ministry in your church.
Topics mentioned above can be developed to cover a complete curriculum based on student outcomes. MDI developed curricula have been used in churches, colleges, biblical institutes, recovery centers, and Bible study groups around the world.
MDI will help churches and communities develop practical action plans to address issues mentioned above and provide linkage to specialized organizations.
*All teaching and preaching sessions are available in English, Spanish, and Finnish languages.
Partners and/or organizations for which MDI has developed materials
- South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Bolivian Evangelical University (Universidad Evangélica Boliviana)
- Bolivian Ecumenical Institute, Santa Cruz, Bolivia (Instituto Superior Ecuménica Andina de Teología, Núcleo Oriente)
- Faith Farm Ministries Recovery Center and Rescue Mission (Florida, US)
- AIDS Family Fund (Florida, US)
- Gospel on the Go and Lighthouse of Life Church (Croatia/Florida, US)
- All Nations Church/Kotikirkko (Florida, US)
- Harvest Fire Worship Center, (Florida, US)
- Risteyspaikka Church (Helsinki, Finland)
- Asamblea de Dios, Bolivia
- Iglesia Dios es Amor, Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Geographical Focus of MDI
- USA – mainly south Florida
- Europe – Finland and Croatia